RFID User In Penang

Assalamualaikum Ni hao Konnichwa,

I would like to share about RFID tag. I install it on January 2020 free of charge. However today, i just found out that they have charge RM35 per RFID tag. The tag sold just the same way like Phone Simcard.
For those who are curious about this, I will list out the info about this tag:

1. Need to be sticked on front left lamp or windscreen. However, it is preferable to stick at the front lamp since easily detectable (readable) by the scanner. If you have tinted the windscreen, the tag should not be apply there. This info is from my reading la. Correct me if Im wrong.

2. Free to apply before July. Currently the fee is RM35 per tag. Maybe because they want to encourage people to use.

3. Each vehicle will need their own tag. That means, if you have 4 cars, you need to buy 4 x RM35 = RM140. This is bit costly.

4. You need to have eWallet Touch N Go in your phone. 

5. I would recommend to make sure to topup eWallet and use after 24 hours since from my previous experience, if I use before 24 hours, they will detect as I dont have enough balance. Eventhough at that time the balance is more than enough. I also not sure why it is like that.

6. Please be slow and distance while passing the toll since from my experience, always happen that the can't detect and will appear "No tag".

7. No internet connection needed for eWallet if you need to use RFID tag. 

8. Please do not try to pull out the sticker even once because it will damage permanently. Im not sure about the cost of replacing the sticker. Might be they will charge you.

9. RFID tag will replace SmartTag. From the end of last year, there is no more new registration for SmartTag. 

Ok, thats all. Later I will add some more if I remember anything else. See you later. Zai jian. Jaane.

I love sharing experience here and will share as many as possible since I also love to read other people review and experience. hihi.. 

Comments